The sexual health service, previously known as ‘the centre’, has been renamed ‘Devon Sexual Health’ following feedback and testing with service users and public. The rebranding of the service will make it easier for patients to find and will also help to support open and frank conversations about sexual health.
A new website has also been launched, with the aim of making information and advice easier to find and booking appointments much simpler. The new website includes:
· Online triage – answer a few quick questions to be directed to the most appropriate information based on your needs
· Up-to-date information and advice about contraception and sexually transmitted infections
· Find a service – pick the service you’re looking for, type in a postcode and find the nearest clinic, pharmacy or health centre to you
· The latest news about sexual health. Heard something worrying online or in the news? Check our blog or social media for responses to topical issues
· Web chat – ask questions, online, during specified times
· Professionals' area: if you’re a medical professional you can find supporting information on sexual health and contraception.
An online appointment booking and test-kit ordering is also being developed and these developments will be rolled out in the near future.